Hey there! I hope you have been well. Would you believe it's December already? How fast has this year gone by? It feels like just the other day when the year began and we were all trying to set some goals and plan for an awesome 2014.
This year has been phenomenal. When I look back at the year, I believe I am not the same person I was at 12.01am on 1 January 2014. Haha! I choose to believe I have really grown as a person; that I have pushed the envelope and gone for my dreams. Isn't that what its all about? From beginning this blog earlier this year (something I thought I wouldn’t get myself to do), to seeing the impact it has had on so many different people. I have always told myself that if I can inspire just one person to go for their dreams and take that FIRST difficult step, then my dream will have been realized.
Interviewing the 2014 Top 40 under 40 women has been amazing. Sometimes I feel like writing the interviews out doesn't do them enough justice. I’d want YOU to be there with me during an interview, to feel the energy, PASSION and warmth of these women, and feed off from that positive energy.
Here are the top lessons I've learnt from interacting with these women:
- Esther Kinuthia- “Refuse to be average”
- Mukami Njeru- “Make the most of all the opportunities that come your way”
- Esther Macharia Chibesa- “Do you have a dream? Does it seem crazy? Are you going for it? If so, keep at it!"
- Christine Khasinah-Odero-“Dream! Dream Big! Take action and move beyond the thinking stage”
- Risper Ohaga: “With each opportunity that comes your way, give it 100%”
- Lydia Ndirangu- “Success in life is not a one-person journey; you need to help others along the way”
- Magdalene Mulandi- “Look for people who challenge you to be a better version of yourself”
- Lois Muraguri- “Set your goals, beat them and set even higher ones”
- Margaret Ireri- “Purpose to always meet new people, put yourself out there and get involved”
Another huge lesson I have learnt this year is: Your network is your net worth. A famous quote says: “It’s not what you know, but whom you know”. Be bold and put yourself out there!
Something remarkable that happened this year is Calibrated Blossom was featured in the December 2014 issue of True Love Magazine under a feature titled “Life is beautiful- The Women behind the blogs”. The feature profiled six young women behind some of the biggest blogs in Kenya. It was so HUMBLING, and encouraging to see the impact the blog is having. Here is a snippet of it:
I have such huge plans for this blog. Beginning next year I will launch an investment series, where I’ll be looking at different investment opportunities to get YOU to where you wana be? Have you always wanted to make your money work for you but you don’t have the SLIGHTEST clue about where to start? What to do? Who to ask? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
Also, the 2014 Top 40 men under 40 list has just been released. We will be delving into the lives of these remarkable men and interviewing them! There will also be many cool interviews about young people (20somethings) who are going after their dreams and doing amazing things!
Lastly, I will unveil a new segment in the blog called Calibrated Impact. This will be dedicated towards helping the less fortunate in society particularly children diagnosed with cancer. I believe it's important to reach out to those around us.
Enjoy your December, stay safe and have a fantastic festive season!