Friday 8 September 2017

Have you ever felt your inner self set on fire?


Have you ever felt your inner self set on fire? Or just felt that spark in you waiting to be set ablaze?

Had you asked me, say nine months ago, where I wanted my life to be today, I would have said exactly where it is now. Back then I did not know how that was going to be possible, but I knew the life I was living wasn’t ‘it’ for me. I knew and felt that I wanted more, to be more, to experience more, to do more..

As fate would have it, I have found myself squarely here. In a space where I can define a lot in my life, where I feel like I have the power to gain back a level of control I lost. But at the same time, ironically, a place of letting go of the said control. It’s almost paradoxical right? I needed to let go of some level of structure through which I had lived my life previously. I feel that I got overly caught up in planning; setting goals, strategizing… making one year, five year, ten year goals, that I embraced too much rigidity and almost forgot to live, to take risks, to just be.

I have always been a person of timelines, of written down goals, of immense structure. Whilst this is an amazing thing, there’s a fine fine line where said rigidity robs you of life, of your sparkle..

But now, I am taking time to smell the roses, living a bit more fluidly. (Okay I won’t lie, goal setting and timelines will always be a part of me..case in point, I just wrote up an Excel sheet of some goals I have for the rest of the year J). But, but, the difference is I am now doing it different, enjoying the process a whole lot more, putting myself under less pressure and just living. Breathing. Embracing. Loving. Being. And this side of life feels a whole lot better!

I am now getting back into blogging in a much different mind space then how I initially began. This is me, back at my centre, finding that zen. Being on fire, being alive. Challenging myself. Through the blog, I want to be able to broaden my perspective. I want to get out there, interact, engage, laugh while at it, grow.. That’s the stuff I crave for, that’s what makes my pulse beat faster.

Through the blog, I would like to be able to interact with and hopefully feature other like-minded people, of different ages, backgrounds, viewpoints, upbringing, culture.. My dream has always been to take part in programs around the world such as leadership programs, events, conferences and global events with people seeking to make an impact in any way, shape or form. I am slowly discovering some fantastic programs such as the University of Oxford- Said Business School’s Archbishop Tutu Fellowship Program (I've linked it here) and the Women Transforming Leadership Program (I've linked it here). 
Truthfully, these programs target mid-career individuals and it can seem out of reach for you or me to get a chance to ‘take a seat at the table’. However question is; how will change come about, if we young people do not boldly demonstrate why we have the ability to be a part of such amazing forums.. and like sponges; absorb, absorb and absorb! And equally so; contribute, challenge and contribute some more!

I hope to grow, to mature. To enjoy the process, express, be genuine, real, consistent and authentic. To confidently know and say that a year from now, I will be intrinsically the same person, but with more maturity, more body, more fire, more life, more depth, and certainly with bigger dreams. 

And I wish the same for you. J




Love and light

12 comments:

  1. Nice article, i pray that i would have bigger dreams next year and accomplish the ones i have now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this put a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be invited on the big boys table one has to act as a big boy to stand out and be very brave to make decisions that impact not only our lives but even of those around us. Hope that we can get the courage together to take on our society change its flaws and thus make it even easier for the coming generation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't have put this any better. Cheers to doing our best to get there, every day!

      Delete
  4. "....And equally so; contribute, challenge and contribute some more"...We only need dare and leap forth. Great read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello All ▲▲▲ I am Dianna Kent and I live in Nevada, U.S .I am a full member of the Illuminati brotherhood, and am among the 1252 lodge. ▲▲▲ Iwas ordained by the Grand-master to go out to the world and bringmore members to the Illuminati, ▲ so I was requested to get 400Recruits for the brotherhood, I have 210 new recruits already. I amlooking for only 190 more to go,▲I am sure you want to be amongthe 190 people that will be earning $500,000 monthly and a brandnew car, ▲so add me up now so we can achieve this great chanceof being rich ▲. You get to live your dream life on earth filled with luxury. so i urge you not to miss thisGreat opportunity becoming what you long wished for life email: illuminatitemple6634@gmail.com‬ or Whats-app +1(854) 220-5771 for guidance

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you looking for loan to clear off your dept and start up your own Business? have you being going all over yet not able to get a legit loan Company that will loan you? Here is your final solution, We can give you any amount you need provided you are going to pay back within the period of time given without any problem. Apply now and Contact us for more details: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com
    Whats App +918929509036

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.. yes YOU :)